Let’s face it, junk removal in Indianapolis is not a service we need regularly. Typically, we only require junk removal a handful of times per year when we are spring cleaning, getting new furniture, cutting down trees, etc. It can be hard to know how to choose the best junk removal company in Indianapolis so we are here to help with some useful tips.
Here are our top eight tips for how to choose a junk removal company near Indianapolis:
1. Customer Service – a company’s customer service when you contact them for hire is a huge component to whether or not you choose them. Most of us go with our gut when we assess the customer service we receive when we first contact a company. If the customer service was excellent, helpful and pleasant, we will likely choose them. If, however, the customer service was poor, rude and not helpful, we would not choose that company. It’s that simple.
First impressions are everything. Make sure you choose a company who greets you warmly, wants to help and is genuinely thankful for your business. Poor customer service at the first contact will likely only ensure continued poor service throughout the process.
You can do some research on a company’s customer service prior to contacting them by:
· Checking their website-is it helpful and easy to use? Do they have more than one way to contact them?
· Do they provide background information on the company and/or the employees?
· Is the webpage up to date?
· Do they have reviews? Are they positive?
These are all things you can check out prior to contacting a junk removal company that will give you some insight into the company and how much they value customer service.
2. Services – what does the prospective junk removal company offer? Do they pick up large appliances only? Regular household junk? Do they remove trees and help with moving services? It is important to understand the range of services that they can offer.
Junk removal companies that offer a wide range of services shows that they are a substantial operation and should you ever need additional services, they can handle it. If you are going to take the time to find a quality junk removal service you can trust, you will also want to know that they can help you to handle any future junk removal jobs as well.
3. Equipment Available – what kind of equipment does the junk removal company own? You will want to check to see the size of the truck they use to remove junk and how many trucks they have. Knowing this information will help you to determine how much junk they can haul and how many trips they would need to make which will figure into the next item we will discuss, cost.
4. Cost – the old saying “you get what you pay for” rings true for junk removal services. While we absolutely believe you should be getting junk removal services at a fair price, companies that offer dirt cheap pricing likely indicates that their service is poor and unreliable.
We are big advocates of shopping around and looking for the best quote for your junk removal service. Be aware that while many chain and big name junk removal services often offer incentives and discounts off of their services, they still may not be as cost effective as a smaller, local service as they tend to price their services high in the first place.
5. Cleanliness – seems like a silly thing considering you are looking for someone to remove garbage and junk, but a good junk removal company will have clean, quality trucks and equipment. Just because they are hauling junk does not mean that their trucks and equipment should be hunks of junk too. Operating with clean, quality vehicles shows that the company respects themselves and their business.
Cleanliness also refers to how they leave a junk removal scene. A professional junk removal service will be thorough in cleaning up after themselves when they finish a job. The customer should not have any additional work to do once the job is done.
6. Insurance – any legitimate, professional junk removal service will carry an insurance policy to cover any damages or losses should things not go as planned. When choosing a junk removal company, make sure that they are insured or else you are risking potential disaster.
7. Recycling – it is important to know where your junk is going after it is picked up. A professional junk removal service will have a recycling policy in place that ensures all salvageable items are kept out of local landfills. If you’re looking for a junk removal Greenwood Indiana, make sure that the junk removal company you choose is taking your items to local charities, donation centers, recycling centers, scrappers, etc. By hiring a junk removal company whose policy is to put all the junk in the landfill, you are helping to create more environmental problems.
8. Previous jobs – check the company’s website to see if they have before and after pictures of a job similar to the one you are looking to hire them for. This will give you an inside look into how they actually handle a job similar to yours and what the outcome is.
There should also be reviews and testimonials on the company’s web site that should attest to their quality work. If you are having trouble finding such reviews, this may not be the best junk removal company to hire.
We hope these tips help give you some things to consider when choosing a junk removal company in Indianapolis by taking some of the confusion and mystery out of the selection process.
Feel free to reach out to us at ABC Junk anytime with any additional questions or concerns that you may have while going through the process of finding the best junk removal company for you.
Call or text us today. You’ll see how fast, professional and affordable we are.