Do you know how to dispose of furniture in Indianapolis? If you find yourself in a position where you need to get rid of old or broken furniture, it is not always easy to know how to dispose of furniture properly. Whether you are moving, buying new furniture or appliances or simply looking to declutter- we can help.
We are a locally owned and operated, eco friendly junk removal service. We aim to reduce items in landfills by reusing, recycling and donating as many items as possible. In fact, we are regulars at local Indianapolis charities such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, United Way, etc.
Contact us today to get a no hassel, free quote. Call (317) 430-7813 right now.
ABC Junk Removing Furniture in Indianapolis
Are you moving and wondering how to dispose of furniture Indianapolis?
Moving and not sure how to dispose of unwanted furniture? Make sure you check our furniture removal locations to see if we service your area. We serve all of Indy and many surrounding cities and counties.
If you are buying a new bed frame and wondering how to get rid of your old bed frame in Indianapolis we have a solution for you. Or maybe you are just looking to get rid of broken furniture, we can help with that too.
If you are searching for how to get rid your furniture, here are the top six ways on how to dispose of furniture Indianapolis:
1. Find out if your waste management company will pick the item(s) up. Residential waste management companies do not typically #dispose of any furniture, such as an old bed frame that you want to dispose of. Most of these companies have strict rules about oversized items. Be sure to call them to see what their policies are, they may tell you that they can pick it up but it will likely be an extra fee (usually more than you are willing to pay). What you don’t want to do is drag your couch or mattress out to the curb only to have it be totally ignored by the trash collectors, leaving you to drag the item back to your house.
The cost for bulk pick-up services will vary from city to city in the Indianapolis area, but you can expect to pay between $50-$75 for a single piece of #furniture pick up (yikes!). Some towns or cities have bulk item pick up days once or twice a year but it can be a real pain to have to wait for those days to come around and they do not accept everything.
2. If you are buying a new item, see if the old item can be taken away. Some furniture retailers offer a simple solution for how to dispose of furniture Indianapolis- free mattress or old furniture removal. If you are purchasing from a retailer who has a similar policy, take them up on it! Save yourself the hassle of figuring out how to dispose of furniture Indianapolis and let them take care of it for you.
3. Try listing the furniture online. Use a site like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to advertise the #furniture you want removed in Indianapolis. You can list your furniture items for free and you will likely get many responses from people who are willing to come and take it off your hands, even if it is complete junk. Be aware though that you may get some people who say they are interested and then end up flaking on you when you list items for free. We often recommend putting even a small price tag on the furniture item to help dissuade people from bailing on the arrangement.
4. Place the unwanted furniture on the curb with a “free” sign. Depending on where you live, this is sometimes a great way to solve your how to get rid of furniture Indianapolis problem. The more traffic on your street, the better the chances are that someone will scoop it up and take it off your hands. The word “free” is very enticing to people even if the item is complete junk and they have no real use for it. It is important to keep in mind though that smaller furniture items do best by the road as larger ones are more difficult to pick up and may require the person to make special arrangements.
5. Donate your gently used furniture. If the furniture that you wish to dispose of is in decent condition, you can usually donate it to a local Indianapolis charity such as Salvation Army or Goodwill. These charities will often pick the item up for you. You can usually schedule the item to be picked up by calling or even scheduling online. Be aware that they will not accept broken or overly worn furniture so don’t waste your time (or theirs!) by putting unusable furniture out for pick up.
6. Call ABC Junk Removal! If none of the above listed options work for you and your particular furniture removal situation, call us and we will remove the item for you no questions asked and no hassle for you. This is the only guaranteed way on how to #dispose of #furniture in Indianapolis.
Types of Furniture we Accept
We remove all types of furniture in Indianapolis. Curious to see if we can haul your unwanted furniture and see what we’ll take? Chances are we can! Based on our experience, we have removed every type of furniture there is and we can help you today!
ABC Junk Removing a Mattress Near Indy
Wondering how much furniture removal costs in Indianapolis?
The cost to remove your unwanted furniture will vary greatly depending on the size of the item. Call, text or email us for a free, no obligation quote. You can even send us a picture of the item and we will respond right away with a fair price to remove the unwanted furniture item for you.
We pride ourselves on hometown values including fair pricing and exceptional service. We will beat any quote you get from a chain company. We are your top local choice when you are trying to figure out how to dispose of furniture in Indianapolis.
If you have an old couch, bed frame, dining table or any other piece of furniture in Indianapolis that you need to get rid of, contact us today for your free estimate. We understand that furniture removal can be a burden and cause unwanted stress. Let us dispose of your #unwanted #furniture for you.
Our mission is to keep as much out of landfills as possible so you can rest assured that your furniture will either be disposed of properly or donated locally to be reused. We hope we have helped you to determine the best way to dispose of furniture in Indianapolis.